Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Trying new things


So... I have never liked the look or sound of 'green smoothies' they sound terrible and look rather displeasing too. I have a gym instructor that often talks about them and another friend that is a huge fan. I promised said friend I'd give them a go (you know rather than judge them with out trying - as I'd been doing!) Anyhow I signed up to a free 30 day challenge from Incredible Smoothies. I'd signed up and had the emails come in for a couple of weeks before I finally took the plunge. I've been failing at meal planning so I took the leap and put down one week of smoothies for breakfast as well as lots of other healthy meals for lunch and dinner! I've got a goal of 4kgs to lose before my cruise!
Yesterday was the day for smoothie number 1 (which is actually week 2 of the challenge - I'd lost the first email- but the lady that runs the challenge was lovely and resent it). This smoothie was pretty good! I didn't gag which is what I was expecting haha. I could taste the kiwi and the pineapple and the spinach didn't make an impact other than to colour the drink. The only things that could have made it better was if the pineapple was sweeter and if I'd thrown some ice into the smoothie, it was tepid because the almond milk was only made that morning and didn't have a chance to get cold. Neither of these 'bad' things are the fault of the smoothie though :)
Here is my dinner. It's 12wbt Chicken Parmigiana. Michael cooked this!! I was at the gym doing a double class, so he cooked, I'd prepared the salad earlier. I am pretty impressed! I think I might have to make him cook more often. Haha!

No comments: