Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Inventorying complete!

Day 2 of eating down the pantry/freezer!!
Breakfast, bacon, eggs and pancakes! (All for under 500cals too :D )
Lunch, Fig and chicken cous cous with green salad
Dinner, Mince chow mein (freezer meal)
Snack was a weight watchers bar, yoghurt and a Jarrah

I did my pantry inventory today.. took a while, but maybe not as long as I thought it would. I had cleaned/tidied it in June. All up was about 2 hours, pulling everything out and wiping the dirty shelves (forgot to do the bottom one :( )
Not too many surprises as such. There are a few things that are well out of date, but are still ok, so they're going to be used first. There were a few things I refused to put back in the pantry. I WILL use them asap as they're out on the table to annoy me haha. These include things like, sushi rice, cake mix(out of date), gluten free flour(bought last year for Michael's mother and sister), 4 mini bottles of bbq sauce, 2 larger bottles of HP spicy bbq sauce, a squeezy fruit tetra pack (recently out of date). There is a few more things but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Plan for tomorrow. Make the cake, defrost roast thing from freezer, check if it's lamb, keep and cook if it is, discard if it's not (if it's lamb I know when it's from, if it's not, then I have no idea when it was bought), make a batch of pasta for Michael's freezer meals, make a batch of soup for Michael's freezer meals.

No comments: