Monday, August 17, 2015

Freezer inventory and food for day 1

Well day one done :D Not so tough ahha.

Breakfast was cereal and milk.
Lunch was frozen vegie delight patties, salad and mayo mixed with dijon mustard and one wrap that had been broken in the freezer.
Tea was frozen kofta meat, sad tomatoes and celery, 1/2 onion and 1/4cup frozen veggies (seriously why did they end up back in the freezer?) and some peas cooked in the fry pan with chilli, garlic and mint added from the herbs and spices cupboard!
Snack was a muesli bar and Jarrah coffee from the pantry.

Today I did my freezer inventory, it took me about 1 1/4-1/2 hours to do. We have a fridge freezer, a small standing freezer (about the size of a bar fridge) and a deep freezer. The deep freezer took a lot lest to go through than I expected, but makes sense as I've been eating down that one for a while now.
Not too many surprises, there was more raw meat than I thought which is good :) hopefully it will tide us over :) There are a lot of fully cooked meals already, there are 15 for Michael (his are not calorie restricted) and there are 35 for me, plus 6 lite n easy meals.
I really don't need to cook anything haha.

Tomorrow I will do the pantry inventory (oh boy!). I also will look at cooking up some more meals to tide boy over when I'm away.

While I'm on this challenge, I will still buy milk, bread, fruit and vegetables! But that's it. There is a chance we'll need more coffee and sugar too, that'll be allowed if we need it haha.

No comments: