Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Oh My Poor Babies


In March this year I bought 5 baby Chicks.
I love chooks, and these little gals (and a guy who I never heard crow, but had just started) lived inside for about 8 weeks, were hand fed (like ate off my hand) came running when they saw or heard me and were just the cutest.

Last week all my baby chickens were killed. A contractor on the farm had his dog off of the leash, Michael had forgotten to shut the pen up, and the dog got in and killed 4/5, the last little one died later that night =(( They were just 18 weeks old.

I have been away from home for 8 weeks and I was really looking foward to seeing them again, seeing how much they had grown. The contractor got us 4 new chooks (.....!!!) so I am yet to meet them, they are almost ready to lay and Mick already got one egg from them. Anyhow there is that sad story. I am looking foward to being home and seeing Mick and Trouble (our dog), but I am going to be sad my babies aren't there.

No comments: